first_imgDonegal Junior LeagueReports Old Orchard Saturday Division OneGlenea United Reserves 3 Arranmore United 0Glenea started well and took the lead through Shane Ferry after 2 minutes. Glenea pushed hard for a 2nd goal but were unable to finish off their chances. Arranmore came more into the game as the half progressed but were finding it difficult to create any clear cut chances. In the 2nd half the home side started well and on 65 minutes extended their lead when Martin Maguire was on hand to knock in from close range after Shane Coll’s effort was saved. Glenea got their 3rd goal on 75 minutes when, after good work by Eugene Maguire and Ryan Lafferty, Martin Maguire’s cross was guided home by Aodhan Ferry. Best for Glenea were Tommy Rodgers, Donal Coll and Aodhan Ferry, while Johnny Mc Ginty and Reece Laird were best for Drumoghill. Referee: Marty Mc Garrigle. Donegal Town Reserves 2 Fintown Harps AFC 3This game was played in beautiful weather in Letterbarrow. Following a quiet start to an exciting game, which featured five goals and three penalties, Fintown Harps took the lead before half-time. A second half equaliser came from Pauric Sweeney, however Fintown quickly regained the lead with a well-placed penalty. A second equaliser came for Donegal when they were awarded a penalty. Young Ryan Hegarty made no mistake from the spot. Donegal Town pushed hard for a winner but it was Fintown Harps who claimed the points. A quick breakaway from a Donegal Town corner kick saw them home with the home keeper unlucky as the ball bounced awkwardly in front of him. 3-2 to Fintown Harps, deserving winners at the final whistle.St. Catherines Reserves 4 Orchard F.C. 2St Catherine’s hosted Orchard on a perfect day for football at Emerald Park. St Catherine’s started best and put Orchard under pressure in the early stages but clear chances were very few. St Catherine’s opened the scoring on thirty five minutes when a free kick was dropped by the Orchard keeper and Barry Cannon tapped home from close range. Stevie Anderson doubled St. Catherine’s lead on the stroke of half time when his left foot shot found the bottom corner of the net. Orchard were reduced to 10 men on sixty minutes. Niall Bonner got Orchard on the score-sheet after sixty eight minutes with a left footed shot. Orchard went level on seventy six minutes when a well worked move down the left saw a Niall Bonner cross find John Boyle at the back post and he made no mistake finding the net. Paul McFadden put St Catherine’s back in front on eighty minutes when his low shot beat the Orchard keeper. Both teams had a man sent off on eighty four minutes and on eighty eight minutes Barry Cannon got his second of the game and sealed the points for the St. Catherine’sGlenree United Reserves 1 Erne Wanderers 6Erne Wanderers defeated Glenree United Reserves to remain in second position in the Old Orchard Saturday Division One. They remain eleven points behind Glencar Celtic however the Ballyshannon men have three games in hand so they can close that gap dramatically with a series of wins.Castlefin Celtic Reserves 0 Glencar Celtic 2 Glencar maintained their lead at the top of the table after a hard fought victory over Castlefin on Saturday. Both teams started brightly but it was Glencar who broke the deadlock in the 20th minute when Stephen Browne played a through ball to Cathal Gallagher who finished well. Castlefin kept playing but couldn’t find the killer pass to open up the visiting defence. Castlefin were unlucky not to equalise in the 60th minute when a Gavin Mc Nulty header hit off the post from a Jordan Tourish cross. Two minutes later Glencar doubled their advantage and sealed the points when a Cathal Gallagher cross was fired to the net by Seaney Houston.Referee: Marty Quinn.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCurragh Athletic Reserves 3 Cranford United Reserves 0 Curragh dominated this game from the start. Gary Heaney should have scored after ten minutes but his shot went narrowly wide. Owen Harvey then tried only to see his shot cleared off the line. Cranford had a couple half chances but the home defence and keeper made sure it remained 0-0 at half time. Curragh made changes in the second half and were rewarded right away when Conor Mc Glynn set up Justin Mc Bride who hit a great strike shot from 30 yards. Jonny Corcoran and Conor Mc Glynn took control of midfield and bossed possession. Jonny Corcoran’s free kick then found Justin Mc Bride who took the ball first time to score his second. Rory Jones then outpaced his man and whipped in a cross which a Cranford defender handled in the box. Up stepped Justin Mc Bride to round of his hat-trick. Curragh’s defence stood strong and determinedly kept a clean sheetDrumbar F.C. 3 Ramelton Mariners 2Ramelton Mariners played host to Drumbar on Saturday and it was the visitors who left with the points. The Ramelton men started well bossing the game in large parts but with no end product. That changed on the 22nd minute when Ricky fisher struck high into the top corner for his 10th off the season. Mariners should have been two to the good when Paul Gallagher found space six yards out but a fine point blank save from the Drumbar keeper kept it 1-0 at the break. Drumbar came out rejuvenated for the 2nd half pressing high and forcing mistakes from the Ramelton men. A mix up in their defence saw the Drumbar No.9 slot home for 1-1. It was 2-1 to the visitors in the 63rd minute when a free kick was drilled in and the ball defected over the line. Mariners pressed for the equaliser and won a penalty through Ricky Fisher who was then sent off after reacting to a Drumbar player in a mad couple of minutes. Up stepped Packie Durning who missed from the spot but followed it in to tap home on 75minutes. Mariners had to play the last 10minutes with nine men after their keeper was sent off, no complaints as the referee had no option. Diggy Buchanan thought he snatched the three points when he struck a volley which drifted just wide. Drumbar were not finished either though and caught the Mariners cold with a long ball up the middle and the No.10 rounded the stand- in keeper to tap home in stoppage time. Diggy was best for the home side with Drumbar’s No.4 the stand out performer for the visitors.Drumoghill F.C. Reserves 1 Tullyvinney Rovers 5Tullyvinney came out on top in this local derby at The Moss. Tullyvinney rushed into a 3-0 lead with goals from Joel Crumie, Stephen Devine and Matthew Grant. Drumoghill pulled one back when Ethan Mc Creedy won possession to send John O’ Kane through on goal to hit his first goal in three years for the reds. Drumoghill pressed for another goal but their recovery was hampered when they were reduced to ten men after a second yellow card was shown to one off their players. Tullyvinney made good use of the extra man and added two more goals to their tally.ReportsBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionRathmullan Celtic 2 Cappry Rovers 1Rathmullan collected three priceless points at the Flagpole as Niall Doherty reacted fastest to head home from six-yards after a free kick from Terry McCauley had come back off the crossbar. It capped a whirlwind final 20 minutes where the game really sparked into life and provided Dara Patton’s Bhoys with a huge three points in their ongoing fight for Premier League safety. The first half produced a stalemate on a bitterly afternoon by the Seaside with the two team’s content to suss each other out. Despite having the breeze in their face, it was Rathmullan who got their noses in front with 70 minutes on the clock. A fortuitous free kick was given to the home side on the left and Shea Coyle was there to fire Eoin Sheridan’s cross into the net. Within minutes Cappry were denied an equaliser when Mark Gallagher produced a one-on-one stop from Alan Patton with the rebound just evading the in-rushing Benny McLaughlin. The mercurial McLaughlin was the provider when Cappry did level the game up with ten minutes left. Cutting in from the right wing the Cappry playmaker dribbled away from the attentions of two defenders before squaring for Kevin Mc Glynn to tap home from six-yards. Rathmullan responded to the setback and five minutes later they got back in front after Doherty was fouled on the edge of the box. Terry McCauley had matters in hand from the set piece as he curled a terrific right footed shot towards the top corner. Brendan O’Meara did fantastically well to tip his effort onto the crossbar but the fox in the box Doherty was there to head home and secure all three points for the home side. Rathmullan had to withstand late pressure from Cappry with but with Kieran Gorman fielding the high balls well, the Hoops got the job done. Referee: Kevin LogueLifford Celtic 3 Cranford United 1Lifford with the aid of the breeze hit the front midway through the first half following a Ross Porter penalty. Lifford doubled their advantage on 75 minutes as James Connolly fired a free kick over the wall into the top corner. Cranford committed more players forward for the remainder of the match and got their reward on 90 minutes when Arthur Lynch capitalised on a defensive mishap. From the resulting kick-off James Connolly went on a run beating three men before firing to the net from 30 yards sealing the much needed points for Lifford. Battling performances from both teams.Milford United 4 Glenea United 2Milford clinched a vital three points at home to a lively Glenea with three penalties from the outstanding Mark Flood. Caolan Mc Gettigan was called on after ten minutes when saving point blank from Ryan Mc Fadden. The first penalty came for hand ball by Paudgie Mc Gee and Mark Flood slotted hone to top corner. Gary Merritt latched onto a ball over the top and was pulled back and got a penalty with the dismissal of Dean Gallagher. Mark Flood put Joe Coll the wrong way. Gary Merritt scored a great individual goal on the break to give Milford a three goal lead at half time. Kevin Mulhern pulled one back after an hour and then Milford got a third penalty when Damien Casey was upended in box and Flood completed hat-trick. Glenea scored a penalty in the last minute as Milford ran out deserved winners after a great team performance.St. Catherines 0 Gweedore Celtic 0St. Catherine’s played host to Gweedore Celtic in Emerald Park. Both teams began the game very well and they both created chances. St Catherine’s upped the pressure on Gweedore, hoping to get on the score sheet. A shot from Jason Noctor went narrowly wide of the goal. Gweedore themselves created a few chances but they came to nothing. David Conwell had a chance for St. Catherine’s but it came to nothing as the Gweedore keeper saved his effort, so the scoreline was 0-0 at half time. The second half began with both teams still looking for the opening goal. Midway through the second half St. Catherine’s keeper Michael Mullin made a good save from a shot from outside the area. Gweedore had a few more chances but they came to nothing. With time running out both teams went for what would have been a winning goal but it did not arrive. Both teams had to settle for a point in the end as the game finished scoreless.Donegal Town 3 Drumoghill F.C. 3Drumoghill started the brighter of the two sides and looked very comfortable on the ball from the offset. Mc Cready made the breakthrough for Drumoghill early in the first half when he smashed home a loose ball inside the Donegal box. Drumoghill soon doubled their lead when Richie Moore saw his forty yard rocket find the back of the net. Donegal Town had few chances in the first half but Drumoghill led comfortably at half time.The second half started in a similar fashion, Drumoghill scoring within five minutes, again capitalising on a loose ball in the Donegal Town box. The game at this point looked over. The introduction of Benny Byrne for Donegal rallied the team and within minutes he saw his headed effort find the back of the Drumoghill net. A quick free taken by Ciaran O’Reilly was passed wide to David ‘Ted’ Bustard whose excellent delivery was met by the head of Declan Browne at the back post. Donegal were now within a goal of Drumoghill. In the dying minutes of the game Bustard, as he so often is, was in the right place at the right time to equalise for Donegal.Watson Hire Division OneCopany Rovers 2 Kilmacrennan Celtic 4Two goals from Gary Gorman and one apiece from John Sandilands and Christy Connaghan saw Kilmacrennan Celtic keep up their joint Title Challenge and Promotion Push. They have now moved into third position on twenty nine points, five adrift of League leaders Castlefin Celtic and three behind second placed Lagan Harps who sit on thirty two points. It is going to be an interesting final quarter to the season in this Division.Gweedore United 1 Castlefin Celtic 2This game played in good conditions at Carrickboyle saw the visitors take the three points in a tight encounter. Castlefin took an early lead from a corner kick in the 10th minute which was tapped in by Peter Bryson. United had a number of good chances with Ciaran Mc Fadden and John Mc Fadden going close. In the 40th minute Castlefin made it 2-0 when Barry Tourish hit an excellent shot from the left wing into the bottom right corner leaving the United keeper with no chance. In the second half United played well looking to pull one back. In the 57th Michael Connolly scored a good goal from 20 yards to make it 2-1. United continued to press however the visitors stood firm and couldn’t be broken down. Castlefin had a number of late chances through JP Malley and Barry Tourish on the counter attack. A good team performance from Castlefin with Jamie Mc Gee excelling for United on his home debut.Whitestrand United 2 Curragh Athletic 0Whitestrand United took on Curragh Athletic in a real relegation six pointer. The match started with Paul Lynch going close with a towering header. The game then descended into a rather scrappy affair with Whitestrand always having the upper hand. Chances fell to Matt McNulty and Eddie Blake which drew good saves by the Curragh keeper. Whitestrand started the second half strongly and the first goal came when Ryan Mc Cleary crossed the ball, it was chested down by Paddy Sheridan to Paul Lynch who scored. Whitestrand continued on the front foot. Paddy Sheridan hit the post with a shot. Sean McFadden also broke clean through but shot narrowly wide. Whitestrand pushed for the second and it eventually came when James Gallagher was taken down in the box and Eddie Blake calmly slotted home. Best for the Whitestrand were Paul Lynch and Benny Callaghan.Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. 2 Keadue Rovers 1The ‘71 got back to winning ways in great style with a fine win over promotion chasers Keadue under the lights at Tri-a-Loch on Friday evening. The home side started the better and kept Keadue pinned into their own half but found their defence well marshalled by Shaun Sharkey. Against the run of play Keadue went in front when Aidan Nelis broke down the middle and fired past Brendan Friel. To their credit, Kerrykeel equalised two minutes later when young James Gallagher played in Johnny Friel and he coolly finished from six yards.The ‘71 had their keeper to thank at the start of the second half when he made a great point blank save to deny Sharkey. At the other end of the field Kerrykeel appealed for a penalty when Johnny Friel was brought down in the box. Kerrykeel pressed hard for the winner and it came on eighty minutes when Martin Mc Ateer played in Mark Friel and his strike hit the top corner of the net. A great all round team performance from the ‘71. Team performance from Keadue. Referee: Con Mc LaughlinCT Ball Division TwoRaphoe Town 2 Ballybofey United 0Ballybofey started this game the better and had three great chances to go ahead. They missed two one on ones with the Raphoe keeper Paul Carberry and had a great effort from the edge of the box that just missed the upright. Raphoe had to wake up fast and after this they started to come into the game. First of all they had a great chance when the excellent Christy Bogle nearly got on the end of a great through ball from Jamie Gallagher but PJ Browne the home ‘keeper was first to it. Paddy Gallagher then had a fine effort that just missed the target but he wasn’t to be denied when he then stepped up to fire an unstoppable free-kick past Browne. Raphoe started the second half much better and played some excellent football and in fairness could of added to their lead as Keelin Gillen, Paddy Gallagher and Emmett Kelly all had good chances to extend the lead. Ballybofey were always dangerous on the break but Oliver Quinn, Stephen Craig and full backs Seamus Bogle and Stephen Laird were outstanding in keeping them at bay. Raphoe made the game safe when Emmet Kelly lobbed the keeper with a great effort from the edge of the box. A great game of football from both sides on a superb surface in the Finn Valley Centre. Wzzy Mc Gowan and John Gregg best for Ballybofey, a fine team effort from RaphoeDunlewey Celtic 0 Deele Harps 0Played in windy conditions with both teams struggling to get a foot hold on the game.The home side had a few half chances to take the lead but couldn’t find the net. Both teams pushed forward in the second half but the game finished scoreless. Team performances from both teams.ResultsOld Orchard Saturday Division OneGlenea United Reserves 3 v 0 Arranmore UnitedDonegal Town Reserves 2 v 3 Fintown Harps AFCSt. Catherines Reserves 4 v 2 Orchard F.C.Glenree United Reserves 1 v 6 Erne WanderersCastlefin Celtic Reserves 0 v 2 Glencar CelticGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoKeadue Rovers Reserves 3 v 0 Milford United ReservesCurragh Athletic Reserves 3 v 0 Cranford United ReservesDrumbar F.C. 3 v 2 Ramelton MarinersDrumoghill F.C. Reserves 1 v 5 Tullyvinney RoversSunday 15-03-2015Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionRathmullan Celtic 2 v 1 Cappry RoversLifford Celtic 3 v 1 Cranford UnitedMilford United 4 v 2 Glenea UnitedSt. Catherines 0 v 0 Gweedore CelticDonegal Town 3 v 3 Drumoghill F.C.Watson Hire Division OneCopany Rovers 2 v 4 Kilmacrennan CelticGweedore United 1 v 2 Castlefin CelticWhitestrand United 2 v 0 Curragh AthleticKerrykeel ’71 F.C. 2 v 1 Keadue RoversCT Ball Division TwoRaphoe Town 2 v 0 Ballybofey UnitedDunlewey Celtic 0 v 0 Deele HarpsFixturesSaturday 21-03-2015 K.O. 2p.m. (Unless Stated)Old Orchard Saturday Division OneArranmore United v Castlefin Celtic Reserves (1 p.m.)Fintown Harps AFC v Glenea United ReservesGlencar Inn Saturday Division TwoRamelton Mariners v Milford United ReservesCurragh Athletic Reserves v Mulroy CelticKeadue Rovers Reserves v Strand RoversTullyvinney Rovers v Drumbar F.C.Downtown CupGlencar Celtic v St. Catherines Reserves (1.30 p.m.)Sunday 22-03-2015 K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionCranford United v Milford UnitedRathmullan Celtic v Lifford CelticGweedore Celtic v Kildrum TigersDrumoghill F.C. v St. CatherinesGlenea United v Cappry RoversWatson Hire Division OneCastlefin Celtic v Dunkineely CelticKilmacrennan Celtic v Whitestrand UnitedLagan Harps v Gweedore UnitedCopany Rovers v Curragh AthleticCT Ball Division TwoEany Celtic v Dunlewey CelticDeele Harps v Ballybofey UnitedRaphoe Town v Glenree UnitedConvoy Arsenal v Letterbarrow CelticDONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL YOUR REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: March 15th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img